In some cases, you may encounter the issue of a loose ring for various reasons, such as purchasing a ring that doesn't fit, successful weight loss, or receiving a gift ring from someone else. To address this situation, you can refer to the following methods to resize a loose ring provided by Of The Sun.
I. Simple and Easy Ways to Resize a Loose Ring
Wrap the ring with rubber band (Elastic cord) A passive way to make the ring fit snugly is to use transparent rubber bands or elastic cords to wrap the ring. Here are two ways you can apply:
Method 1: Front-wearing elastic band
Prepare a piece of elastic cord or rubber band and wear it on your finger before putting on the ring. Then, place the ring on top of the cord. This trick helps reduce the gap between the ring and your finger. However, make sure the cord is not too tight to ensure comfort and proper blood circulation.
Method 2: Wrap the elastic band at the bottom of the ring
You can wrap the elastic cord or band at the bottom of the ring, meaning the part underneath your finger. Depending on the ring size, you can wrap one or several loops of the cord accordingly. After wrapping, cut off the excess cord and wear the ring on your finger. This will help reduce the size of the ring relatively easily.
1. Resize the ring using candle wax
Using candle wax is an effective method to make the ring fit your finger. It is essential to choose transparent candle wax to maintain the aesthetic appeal of the ring.
Simple and convenient method: First, light a candle and wait for the wax to melt. Then, carefully dip the ring into the melted wax, focusing on the inner part of the ring. Afterward, wait for the wax to dry, and try wearing the ring on your finger.
- Choose the appropriate type of dental floss/thread: Select dental floss or thread with a color that matches the ring to preserve its aesthetic appearance.
- Dental floss application: Start wrapping the dental floss or thread on the inside of the ring, at the bottom, underneath your finger. The thickness of the thread layer is usually about 1cm or more, as long as it makes the ring fit your finger comfortably.
- Limit contact with water: Note that when using this method, you should avoid or limit the ring's contact with water. Water absorption by dental floss or thread can prolong drying time, causing discomfort for the wearer.
- Choose the appropriate type of tape: Select a tape with a width of about 1cm or cut from a large roll of tape. This will make it easy for you to wrap around the ring.
- Wrap tape around the bottom of the ring: Start wrapping the tape at the bottom of the ring, meaning the inside of your finger. The number of tape loops depends on the ring's width and the size of your finger. Ensure even and tight wrapping to avoid creating gaps, making wearing the ring uncomfortable.
II. Permanent Ring Resizing Methods (Jewelry Specialist)
The above are small tips to make a ring fit more comfortably, but they are temporary solutions. If you don't have much time to explore and implement or want to address the issue of a loose ring permanently, you can consider the methods below.
1. Add size beads to the ring
Another method that jewelers use to tighten a loose ring is to attach additional size beads inside the ring to secure the finger and prevent the ring from shifting. Usually, there are a total of 4 beads attached (2 at the bottom on the left and 2 at the bottom on the right side of the ring). These beads are ground to provide a comfortable feel for the wearer.
The jeweler at the store will measure the current size of the ring on your finger. Then, they will proceed to cut and adjust the ring to fit your actual size. Although this method requires time and a certain amount of money, it provides a permanent solution and long-term comfort when wearing the ring.
Attach metal cushion inside the ring Another method to make the ring fit your finger is to use a U-shaped metal cushion. This cushion is attached to the inside of the ring to create a size compatible with your finger. The U-shaped metal cushion is designed to hold tightly, reducing the size of the ring comfortably.
2. Attaching a metal cushion inside the ring
According to reviews and opinions from many customers, this is one of the most effective and comfortable methods to make the ring fit the finger. This method has the ability to maintain long-term effectiveness and satisfaction for the ring wearer.
3. Resize the ring permanently (Jeweler)
The mentioned methods are small tips to temporarily fix a loose ring, but they are temporary solutions. If you do not have much time to explore and implement, or if you want to address the issue of a loose ring permanently, you can consider the method below.
Cut and weld the ring: This method involves cutting off a portion of the ring and then welding it back together. Although this approach may result in some loss of the ring's weight, it provides a permanent solution.
When applying this method, the jeweler at the store will remeasure the current size of the ring on your finger. Afterward, they will proceed to cut and adjust the ring to fit your actual size. Although this method requires time and a certain amount of money, it provides a permanent solution and long-term comfort when wearing the ring.
These methods offer various options for resizing a loose ring, allowing you to choose the one that suits your preferences.