Genuine sterling silver is often sensitive to tarnishing due to the copper used to make it hard and durable. Copper is a reactive material reacting with oxygen, air moisture and sulphur. Give silver a clean polish with a white cloth for polish, or dip the silver into jewel cleaner.
However, if you look after your sterling silver jewellery, they stay cleaner and shinier for longer. Consider these care tips that could make a world of difference to your sterling silver jewellery.
- Store your Sterling Silver 925 Jewellery away from sun exposure, moisture and heat;
- Avoid air exposure by storing in its bag, reducing their likelihood of coming into contact with any contaminants causing them to tarnish;
- Use a silver polishing white cloth to clean and polish the metals;
- Do not polish with kind of papers, even soft tissue paper, will result in staining and scratches;
- Using mild detergent; dish soap is usually the best solution for silver;
- Take off your jewellery before getting into chlorinated water or expose it to harsh chemicals;
- Wear your 92.5 sterling silver regularly