925 Silver Ring - HELIOS GLOBAL

Xem nhanh
Sterling silver (or 925 silver) is made of 92.5% of pure silver, as the name implies, and the rest (7.5%) mainly comprises copper and other trace elements. The sterling silver standard has a minimum millesimal fineness of 925. 
The short answer is YES. 925 sterling silver is better than pure silver, as it is soft, rendering it challenging to shape for jewellery manufacturers. Hence, 925 sterling silver is the best type of silver in jewellery design.
92.5 Sterling silver is versatile, elegant, enduring and perfect for any occasion. It is not as soft as pure silver, making it an excellent precious metal that jewellers value. It is hypoallergenic and will not leave scars or provoke irritation which is why it has been a popular precious metal in jewellery making for centuries.

Genuine sterling silver is often sensitive to tarnishing due to the copper used to make it hard and durable. Copper is a reactive material reacting with oxygen, air moisture and sulphur. Give silver a clean polish with a white cloth for polish, or dip the silver into jewel cleaner.

However, if you look after your sterling silver jewellery, they stay cleaner and shinier for longer. Consider these care tips that could make a world of difference to your sterling silver jewellery.

  • Store your Sterling Silver 925 Jewellery away from sun exposure, moisture and heat;
  • Avoid air exposure by storing in its bag, reducing their likelihood of coming into contact with any contaminants causing them to tarnish;
  • Use a silver polishing white cloth to clean and polish the metals;
  • Do not polish with kind of papers, even soft tissue paper, will result in staining and scratches;
  • Using mild detergent; dish soap is usually the best solution for silver;
  • Take off your jewellery before getting into chlorinated water or expose it to harsh chemicals;
  • Wear your 92.5 sterling silver regularly
Break Collection

Subscribe to our newsletter